– POSITION OPENING –
Global Programs Manager
Reports To: Director of Programs
Prepared by: Angela Walleman (January 2019)
Wings of Hope is a nonprofit organization that changes and saves lives through the power of aviation. The Global Programs Manager is responsible for the management of Wings of Hope’s field sites around the world and the development of new aviation field partners.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Embraces the mission, vision and culture statement of the organization.
- Acts as reporting liaison between field directors and Wings of Hope through regularly scheduled communications;
- Responds to field site needs, including parts sourcing, scheduling maintenance, and recruiting pilots as necessary;
- Deepens methods of impact evaluation in collaboration with Director of Programs, with responsibility for data collection;
- Reviews and verifies regular financial and program reporting from each Wings of Hope international program;
- Manages the vetting process for new funding requests in order to provide information to senior management and the Board;
- Actively seeks out, contributes and provides input to funding opportunities, ensuring appropriate data gathering is in place to support grant writing and reporting activities;
- Supports marketing efforts representing international field sites;
- Ensures Wings of Hope’s field projects uphold WOH’s mission, values, and international best practices;
- Provides logistical coordination for travel by senior management to visit field sites;
- Travels as necessary to monitor existing sites and vet new projects.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- BA required
- Three to five years relevant nonprofit program management experience
- Preference for candidates with experience living and working in a developing country
- Skilled in conceptualizing new programs from beginning to full realization in order to reach targeted goals
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Spanish language ability desired
- Cross-cultural communication skills and sensitivity to cultural difference
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to prioritize
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Good decision-making skills, analysis, tact, and willingness to search out answers
- Creativity, curiosity, sense of humor, high energy level, and an enthusiasm for meeting and working with a wide range of culturally diverse individuals.
Full-time position with benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Interested applicants, please send resume and cover letter to Angela at: