Volunteer & Employment Opportunities
St. Louis, Missouri
The following is a list of VOLUNTEER opportunities at our St. Louis, MO Headquarters.
Seeking A&P/IA’s with experience working on single and twin piston engine aircraft to volunteer 1-2 days a week.
Wings of Hope is seeking a part-time Gardening and Landscaping Volunteer, 6-8 hours per week. This position offers a unique opportunity to work with native plants in a designed garden setting. This individual will learn to perform a wide range of horticultural tasks and duties with guidance. Responsibilities will include watering, weeding, mulching, tree pruning and planting.
We are looking for someone with a passion for plants and the outdoors. This position requires bending, stooping, the ability to lift at least 50 pounds, and may demand working from ladders and with power equipment, including a mowing tractor.
General expectations include answering the phone, greeting visitors and guests, assistance with clerical functions (experience in MS Word and Excel is helpful.) 4 hours per week.
St. Louis, Missouri
The following is a list of EMPLOYMENT opportunities at our St. Louis, MO Headquarters.
Global Humanitarian Network Manager
Wings of Hope is a nonprofit organization that changes and saves lives through the power of aviation. The Global Humanitarian Network Manager is responsible for improving sustainability of global programs by advancing fundraising and impact initiatives.
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Embraces and upholds the mission, vision, and culture statement of the organization.
- Ensures Wings of Hope field projects are carried out according to international development best practices.
- Attends outreach events at partner institutions.
- Deepens methods of impact evaluation with responsibility for data collection.
- Responds to field site needs, e.g., parts sourcing, scheduling maintenance, and recruiting pilots.
- Manages the review process for new partnership requests.
- Coordinates international travel by senior management.
- Travels as necessary to monitor existing sites and vet new projects.
- Actively seeks out and contributes to grant writing and reporting activities.
- Contributes to case statement development, grant reports, and fundraising campaigns.
- Acts as the liaison for the Wings of Hope Young Ambassadors.
- Manages fundraising events in collaboration with the Young Ambassadors.
- Ensures implementation of Wings of Hope policies and procedures.
- Supports other projects as necessary.
- BA required
- Three to five years relevant nonprofit experience
- Experience in program evaluation, data collection, and survey development
- Detail-oriented, efficient, with excellent time-management
- Experience in event planning and outreach
- Experience managing and cultivating volunteers
- Cross-cultural communication skills and sensitivity to cultural difference
- Experience living/working in an economically developing nation preferred
- Spanish language ability preferred
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Proficient in MS Office, databases, and social media technologies
- Experience building dashboards or other interactive visual representations of data preferred
The Global Humanitarian Network Manager position is a full-time, exempt, salaried position reporting directly to the Director of Programs and Evaluation. Salary range is $45,000.00 – $55,000.00. Benefits are offered.
Please send cover letter and resume via email to Angela Walleman, Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Global Humanitarian Network Manager Search” in the subject line. Interviews to begin in May 2022.
Wings of Hope is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of an individual’s race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other protected status. This policy applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, compensation, promotion, discipline and termination.