Volunteer & Employment Opportunities
St. Louis, Missouri
The following is a list of VOLUNTEER opportunities at our St. Louis, MO Headquarters.
Volunteer Fulfillment Team is looking for 2 volunteers to recruit and screen prospective volunteers, enter new volunteer data into our databases, print volunteer badges from MS Word documents, support current volunteers, and coordinate with Wings of Hope Directors and team leaders regarding volunteer needs and status for their respective teams. 8-10 hours/week required for these positions — once a week on Tuesdays (9 to Noon) plus one other day per week by arrangement.
Landscaping & Grounds
Wings of Hope is seeking a part-time Grounds & Gardens Volunteer, 6-8 hours per week. This position offers a unique opportunity to work with native plants in a designed garden setting. This individual will learn to perform a wide range of horticultural tasks and duties with guidance. Responsibilities will include watering, weeding, mulching, tree pruning and planting.
We are looking for someone with a passion for plants and the outdoors. This position requires bending, stooping, the ability to lift at least 50 pounds, and may demand working from ladders and with power equipment, including a mowing tractor.
Seeking A&P/IA’s with experience working on single and twin piston engine aircraft to volunteer 1-2 days a week.
St. Louis, Missouri
There are no available positions open at this time.
The following is a list of EMPLOYMENT opportunities at our St. Louis, MO Headquarters.
Corporate and Foundation Grant Writer
Full Job Description
The Corporate and Foundation Grant Writer is responsible for grant management at Wings of Hope. The successful candidate will serve as the organization’s grant manager with responsibility to lead grant prospect research, relationship cultivation, production coordination, writing, delivery, and follow-up for all grants. This position also maintains the grant database and formulates an annual timeline for submissions and reporting. Additionally, this position will also coordinate a corporate partnership program in collaboration with the Director of Development.
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Establish and maintain relationships with current and prospective funders alongside Director of Development.
- Write and prepare funding proposals, letters of intent, grant reports, and correspondence in accordance with the funder’s giving policies, guidelines, and criteria.
- Prospect research of corporations and public and private foundations to identify potential new grant funding opportunities.
- Partner with President and CEO, Director of Development, Programs Team members and other appropriate staff to generate successful proposals, letters of intent, and reports, gaining feedback and clearance for final submissions.
- Arrange site visits/tours for funder representatives.
- Ensure appropriate corporate and foundation funder acknowledgment and recognition including recognition in annual publications.
- Work with the Director of Development in collective corporate and foundation relations efforts including the corporate partnership program.
- Work with the Development and Administration Teams on related activities and events as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three to five years’ experience in nonprofit fund development
- Grant writing experience with proven track record of grant success
- Detail oriented with excellent time management skills
- Exceptional written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Appreciation and acceptance of diverse cultures and beliefs
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively manage multiple and concurrent projects
- Ability to work with a wide variety of volunteers
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, databases, and social media technologies
- A passion for humanitarian work and the Wings of Hope mission
The Corporate and Foundation Grant Writer position is a full-time (40-hours/week), salaried position reporting directly to the Director of Development. Salary range is $45,000 – $50,000 annually.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 403(b) plan
- Paid time off & Paid holidays
- Professional development
Please send cover letter and resume via email to Angela Walleman, Director of Human Resources at email@example.com. Please put “Grant Writer” in the subject line. Interviews to begin in November 2022.
Wings of Hope is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of an individual’s race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other protected status. This policy applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, compensation, promotion, discipline and termination.