Volunteer & Employment Opportunities
St. Louis, Missouri
The following is a list of VOLUNTEER opportunities at our St. Louis, MO Headquarters.
General expectations include answering the phone, greeting visitors and guests, assistance with clerical functions (experience in MS Word and Excel is helpful.) 4 hours per week.
Seeking A&P/IA’s with experience working on single and twin piston engine aircraft to volunteer 1-2 days a week.
St. Louis, Missouri
There are no employment opportunities available at this time.
The following is a list of EMPLOYMENT opportunities at our St. Louis, MO Headquarters.
Flight Operations Manager
Join the team of twice-nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize nonprofit organization, Wings of Hope to help save and change lives around the world. Wings of Hope seeks a mission-focused Flight Operations Manager to manage the Medical Relief & Air Transport (MAT) Program and flight operations, working directly with the Chief Pilot, Aircraft Maintenance Manager, pilots, medics, flight advocates, clients, and caseworkers.
Medical Relief & Air Transport
- Oversee communication with client, family and caseworkers from initial contact to completion of transportation needs.
- Determine safety of transporting client by communicating with Medical Director, Chief Flight Medic, and Chief Pilot.
- Integrate new clients within current acceptance guidelines and maintain client files.
- Coordinate all efforts with team leaders for pilots, medics, flight advocates and post flight prep team.
- Assist team leaders with overseeing and scheduling training; monthly meetings; flight readiness and general information.
- Determine necessary supplies and equipment for each flight.
- Maintain full schedule for flight operations using hosted flight scheduling system.
- Determine aircraft, pilot, medic availability, and medical needs and parameters as they pertain to the flight, departure, and landing points.
- Schedule all flight crews, medics, volunteers, aircraft maintenance.
- Coordinate the efforts of all agencies, service providers, ground transportation and flight crews.
- Using Flightaware, or Spot Tracker, monitor progress of flights, alerting ground transportation of any change in flight arrival/departure status.
- Receive communication from crew at each stop, making necessary notifications, reservations, rescheduling, etc., when issues arise before or during mission.
- On call status when flights are out.
- Update flight data into flight scheduling system.
- Collect and record data for monthly reports across departments.
- Support Wings of Hope events.
- Participate in short and long term projects and plans.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three to five years flight operations management preferred.
- Experience with flight scheduling software.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage and work with a wide variety of volunteers.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple day-to-day activities.
- Exceptional written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, databases.
- Appreciation and acceptance of diverse cultures and beliefs.
- A passion for humanitarian work.
The Flight Operations Manager position is a full-time (40 hours/week), salaried position reporting directly to the Director of Medical Relief & Air Transport Program. Employee benefits, retirement savings plan and professional development opportunities are available. Annual salary range is: $45,000.00 – $55,000.00
Please send cover letter and resume via email to Angela Walleman, Director of Administration and Human Resources at email@example.com. Please put “Flight Operations Manager” in the subject line.
Wings of Hope is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of an individual’s race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other protected status. This policy applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, compensation, promotion, discipline and termination.