Volunteer & Employment Opportunities
St. Louis, Missouri
The following is a list of VOLUNTEER opportunities at our St. Louis, MO Headquarters.
Aircraft Sales Team
Must be knowledgeable on general aviation aircraft from the 1960s through 1970s (knowing general aircraft types, performance, valuations) and be very familiar and knowledgeable with aircraft logbooks and form 337s (knows how to read them to determine significant maintenance history, damage history and upgrades performed). The perfect individual would be a past or present aircraft owner or mechanic of this vintage aircraft. Familiarity with M/S Excel is a must. The responsibilities of the position could include:
- Research and organize logbooks and 337s to summarize maintenance history for buyers to review
- Scan logbooks to make a digital record for buyers to review
- Take photos of aircraft for buyers to review
- Perform valuations of aircraft using online software
- Prepare sales ads for E-Bay, Barnstormers and our Website
- Respond to buyer inquiries regarding sales aircraft
Seeking A&P/IA’s with experience working on single and twin piston engine aircraft to volunteer 1-2 days a week.
St. Louis, Missouri
The following is a listing of an EMPLOYMENT opportunity for qualified applicants at our St. Louis, MO Headquarters..
Reports to: Director of Programs and Evaluation
Prepared by: Angela Walleman
Wings of Hope is a nonprofit organization that changes and saves lives through the power of aviation. The Programs Manager will manage Wings of Hope’s youth education and experience programs and is responsible for improving sustainability of global programs by advancing fundraising and impact initiatives.
- Embraces the mission, vision and culture statement of the organization;
- Lead the Soar into STEM program and coordinate marketing efforts and logistical support, while remaining faithful to developed curriculum;
- Supports STEM Lead Teacher to provide excellent program experience;
- Procures mentors for the STEM program
- Manages Wings of Hope’s Youth Internship and Summer Camp programs;
- Implements Wings of Hope’s education outreach program, including K-12 school visits and tours;
- Attends outreach events at partner institutions;
- Responsible for marketing educational activities and opportunities;
- Deepens methods of impact evaluation in collaboration with Director of Programs, with responsibility for data collection;
- Compiles and transitions data into dashboards and other developed reports;
- Collaborates with development team to improve funding opportunities by supporting case statement development, grant reports, and fundraising campaigns;
- Acts as the liaison for the Young Ambassadors program;
- Manages fundraising events in collaboration with the Young Ambassadors;
- Ensures implementation of Wings of Hope policies and procedures;
- Supports other program projects as necessary.
- BA required
- Three to five years relevant nonprofit experience
- Experience in program evaluation, qualitative and quantitative data collection, and survey development
- Detail-oriented, efficient, with excellent time-management
- Experience in event planning and outreach
- Experience managing and cultivating volunteers
- Cross-cultural communication skills and sensitivity to cultural difference
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Proficient in MS Office, databases and social media technologies
- Preference for candidates skilled in building dashboards or other interactive
- Visual representations of data
The Programs Manager position is a full-time, exempt, salaried position reporting directly to the Director of Programs and Evaluation. Salary range is $45,000.00 – $55,000.00. Benefits are offered.
Please send cover letter and resume via email to Angela Walleman, Director of Human Resources at email@example.com. Please put “Programs Manager Search” in the subject line. Interviews to begin in January 2021.
Aircraft Maintenance Manager
Reports to: Director of Operations Prepared by: Wings of Hope December 2020
Join the team of twice-nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize nonprofit organization, Wings of Hope to help save and change lives around the world. Wings of Hope seeks a mission-focused Aircraft Maintenance Manager to join its hangar team who maintain Wings of Hope field aircraft and prepare aircraft for sale. The Aircraft Maintenance Manager supervises and works alongside certified A&P mechanic staff and volunteers.
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Embraces the mission, vision and culture statement of the organization.
- Conducts all business on behalf of the organization in compliance with federal, state, and local regulations, and represents the organization in a professional manner to the public.
- Supervises and manages work assignments for certified A&P mechanics.
- Ensures that all work on aircraft meets FAA requirements with safety as the top priority.
- Contributes to strategic goals and makes recommendations for process improvement.
- Contributes to efforts that ensure a clean, neat and orderly hangar.
- Ensures all logbooks, manuals and library materials are kept current for each aircraft.
- Inspects, tests, adjusts, and repairs equipment, such as mags, starters, alternators and hydraulic systems installed in aircraft, using hand tools and test equipment: Inspects components of equipment for defects, such as loose connections and frayed wire, and for accuracy of assembly and installation.
- May accompany flight crew to perform in-flight adjustments and to determine and record required post-flight repair work.
- Will sign documents for equipment replaced and/or repaired.
- Meet or exceed the requirements of an FAA Part 135 Director of Maintenance as cited under §119.69(a).
- Maintains accurate record of all inventory, equipment and tools.
- Will supervise volunteers.
- Excellent communication skills, professional appearance, and strong organizational skills.
- Extensive knowledge of the trades involved in the servicing and maintenance of aircraft and engines including electrical work, radio installation, painting, welding, metalworking, and woodworking.
- Extensive knowledge of departmental and FAA rules and regulations.
- Extensive knowledge of the operation of flight instruments.
- Ability to direct and train personnel in the maintenance and repair of aircraft engines and airframes.
- Ability to determine the airworthiness of aircraft and to make decisions as to their being grounded.
- Extensive knowledge of single and multi-engine operations and variable pitch propellers.
- Preferred computer skills: Microsoft Office suite, Outlook, Database.
Wings of Hope is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of an individual’s race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other protected status. This policy applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, compensation, promotion, discipline and termination.