Airplane Raffle Rules
Revised: February 1, 2024
The Wings of Hope (WOH) Airplane Raffle (the “Raffle”) is a fundraising raffle to support the organization’s charitable humanitarian flight services with 100% of the money raised through the Raffle going to support these efforts. You can learn more about our mission and program by visiting our website: www.wingsofhope.ngo.
The Raffle is conducted in the state of Missouri, the state where WOH is based, and is open to participants who are at least 18 years of age at the time of purchase and who are a permanent resident of the 48 contiguous states in the United States. WOH employees, board members, volunteers and members of their intermediate family are not eligible to participate. The Raffle is being conducted and governed pursuant to Missouri law.
1. Tickets can only be purchased in the state of Missouri via the internet at www.wingsofhope.ngo, and all tickets are considered sold in Missouri when purchased. By purchasing a ticket, each participant agrees to be bound by and adhere to the terms and conditions contained in these rules.
2. You may participate by purchasing as many Raffle tickets as you wish. However, only 5,000 tickets will be sold. Every ticket will be issued with a discrete number, and that number is not repeated. If you buy more than one ticket, each will have a different number on it. The ticket numbers will be emailed to the email address you provide. We are not responsible for any lost or misdirected email. If you do not receive your Raffle ticket numbers via email within 24 hours after purchase, you should contact us by email at email@example.com or call us at 800-448-9487.
3. The deadline to be eligible for the drawing is to purchase a ticket or tickets before 5,000 tickets are sold or by May 31, 2024, unless extended, whichever comes first. A ticket is “sold” for the purpose of calculating the number of tickets sold when WOH receives full payment for that ticket. Anyone attempting to buy a ticket after 5,000 tickets have been sold will have their purchase fully refunded. Except for refunding the purchase, we are not responsible if your purchase cannot be processed because we have already sold 5,000 tickets or if your payment arrives after 5,000 tickets have been sold or your payment arrives after the deadline for purchase.
4. The winners are determined by a random drawing to take place at 18370 Wings of Hope Boulevard, Chesterfield, Missouri, at Wings of Hope, Inc. on June 3, 2024. The location, date and time will also be posted on the website: www.wingsofhope.ngo. You are welcome to come and observe the drawing which will be conducted by the independent accounting firm of Fick, Eggemeyer & Williamson. The winners do not have to be physically present at the drawing to win.
5. There are three prizes:
a. The grand prize is a 1966 Piper Cherokee 180 (N9328J). This airplane is going to be hard to beat. Prior owners added just about every speed mod possible: constant speed propeller, Laminar Flow Systems wheel pants, vertical fin and rudder caps, Knots-2-U Flap Hinge Fairings, aileron/stabilator/flap gap seals and wing root fairings. The exterior was updated with the post-1968 third side windows, new side windows, single piece windshield and a bright clean paint scheme. They also updated the interior upholstery, headliner, carpeting, glareshield, plastic pieces, new seatbelts w/front seat inertial shoulder belts, replaced the fuses with circuit breakers, newer control yokes and custom wood instrument panel. Wings of Hope avionics technicians and volunteers updated the avionics with all new Garmin equipment: digital attitude indicator and horizontal situation indicators (GI-275s —allows the vacuum system to be removed), 650Xi (allows traffic and weather to be displayed), 345 ADS-B In/Out Transponder, 255 Nav/Com and 345 audio panel. The winner of our Spring 2024 Raffle will be proud to call this Cherokee 180 their own, and they’ll be the envy of others wherever they fly. The airplane is valued at $91,335.00. This prize must be formally accepted in writing by July 1, 2024. Documentation to be provided with the airplane includes FAA Certificate of Airworthiness, all logbooks, bill of sale and applicable IRS forms.
b. The second prize is a $5,000 scholarship toward obtaining your Private Pilot License (PPL). You can use your scholarship toward a more advanced rating (IFR, commercial, etc.). So even if you have a PPL, you can use the prize. The scholarship has a cash value. And NO, we will not give you the cash or split the cash value for training among more than one student. We will arrange to purchase whatever packaged training would be available at your chosen FAA-approved flight school/instructor for a more advanced rating, but only up to the cash value of the scholarship (not to exceed $5,000). Prize must be formally accepted in writing by July 1, 2024. Must use scholarship within 18 months of acceptance.
c. The third prize is a Bose A30 Aviation Headset. Prize must be formally accepted in writing by July 1, 2024.
6. The winners will be notified by phone and/or by email and/or mail, and all participants will be notified of the winners on our website: www.wingsofhope.ngo. A winner will be disqualified if the winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been extended, is determined to be ineligible, or cannot or does not comply with our Official Rules. WOH will have made a reasonable effort to reach a winner if it has made at least two attempts to contact the winner via phone or by the email address provided when purchasing his/her ticket and/or within four weeks of the official drawing. If a winner cannot be located, is disqualified or declines acceptance of the prize, Wings of Hope will redraw to identify another winner for that prize. All winners agree and consent to disclosure of their identity and use of photographs or images of them with their prizes for promotional use.
7. Each winner is solely responsible for all taxes (including federal, Missouri and local taxes, if any), as well as registration, insurance and other expenses incurred with claiming the prize. Appropriate reporting forms to the winner, the IRS and Missouri will be provided. In order to award the prize, the winner must complete all documents including FAA Aircraft Registration Application, IRS Form W-9 Request for Taxpayer Identified Number and Certification, IRS Form 5754, if applicable, Affidavit and Release, and other documents required to take possession of the prize. The winner will receive an IRS Form W-2G from Wings of Hope, Inc. (for the calendar year the prize was awarded) for the total value of the prize determined by Wings of Hope, Inc. If a winner chooses to forfeit his/her prize, he/she must do so prior to taking possession of the prize. The IRS requires withholding for non-cash prizes with a value exceeding $5,000 after deducting the cost of the winner’s ticket. The winner pays the withholding tax to Wings of Hope, Inc. at the rate of 25% of the prize value. Missouri state withholding tax is 4% of the value of the prize, if in excess of $5,000. The withholding tax must be paid prior to possession of the prize.
8. All prizes awarded must be claimed and accepted in Missouri. Once accepted, including payment of any federal and Missouri taxes and completion of required documentation, Wings of Hope may, at its discretion, assist in arranging for the transport of the airplane, if needed, following acceptance of the airplane.
9. Wings of Hope makes no warranties or representations regarding the airplane being raffled other than those made herein. The winner of the aircraft has the right to inspect the airplane to determine its suitability and airworthiness prior to accepting the prize.
10.By entering this Raffle, each entrant releases Wings of Hope (WOH), its directors, officers, employees, volunteers and agents from any and all liability for injuries, losses or damages of any kind (including, without limitation, attorney’s fees) resulting from or caused by participating in the Raffle or by winning any prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, and each winner agrees to indemnify and hold WOH harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind resulting from or arising from, in connection with participating in the Raffle or the winner’s acceptance or use of any prize. In no event shall Wings of Hope, its directors, officers, employees, volunteers and agents be liable for any loss or damages of any kind, including injury or death relating to or from participation in the Raffle or the use of any prize even if such loss or damages results from or is caused or contributed to by the fault or negligence of Wings of Hope, its directors, officers, employees, volunteers and agents.
11. A Raffle entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy for any claim against WOH arising out of the sale of tickets or the conduct of the Raffle shall be limited to the return of the purchase price paid for his or her ticket(s).